HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Load Testing an EXE(Desktop) application Messages in this topic - RSS

ManikandaPrabu
ManikandaPrabu

12/18/2012
ManikandaPrabu
ManikandaPrabu
I have a desktop application which sends and receives the http request .
I have to Load Test that application.
Is it possible with Stress Stimulus?
If it is possible how?

0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

12/18/2012
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
ManikandaPrabu,

If your application traffic can be captured by fiddler, then StresStimulus can load test it.  Capture the test case without using the Recorder. Follow these tips:
•    make sure that the initial portion of the test case, including a login process or initial requests establishing a browser session, are captured;
•    make sure that no unrelated traffic from other browsers or applications is captured. Delete any unrelated sessions from the Fiddler grid before setting a test case. You can determine these unwanted sessions from other applications by checking the Process column in the fiddler grid.

After fiddler captured your test scenario, click Set All Sessions to set the test case. Once the test case is set, the load testing process is the same as if you created it using the Recorder.

Cheers,
-Vadim
0 link
ManikandaPrabu
ManikandaPrabu

12/19/2012
ManikandaPrabu
ManikandaPrabu
Vadim

I have captured the traffic as you intimated but after capturing the traffic  I am not able to set the TestCase, Please help on this.
Please find below the screenshots:
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

12/19/2012
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
ManikandaPrabu,
This message typically comes up when you are trying to create multiple test cases using the same sessions.  If you are trying to use multiple test cases, then you have to record your scenario multiple times and set a test case with distinct sessions. If you are trying to change an existing test case, then click "Replace Test Case" when prompted. 

Also, did you import sessions from an .saz file? Sessions can sometimes be corrupt, so you should re-record your test case from scratch.
Cheers,
-Vadim
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology