HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Average time discrepancy Messages in this topic - RSS

Unregistered User
Unregistered User

1/18/2019
Unregistered User
Unregistered User
Can you help me understand the difference I’m seeing between VU Details and Test Case Details below?

Iteration time for VU’s on Test Case “LIQ Principal Payment” = 128.266 + 36.643 / 2 = 82.455 Average, but the Test Case results say 52.45.

I’m also not sure why the 2nd VU running the same test case runs so much quicker, any ideas? 128 vs 36 and 116 vs 28 – such a huge difference.

0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

1/18/2019
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
The VU iteration time is the amount of time between the start of iteration and end of iteration. It includes all think times and delays, if you add them. The Test Case Avg time is the time spent for sending and receiving requests and responses. It excludes any think time and delays. This may explain why VU Iteration time > Test Case Avg.
As for your second question, about the big disparity between 2VUs running the same test case. It is hard to answer the question without looking at your results. One reason is that the VUs are running on different load generators. Perhaps agent QATestPerf is geographically closer to the server than the Local agent (Controller). Also, make sure that the controller is not overloaded.
I can suggest to compare individual requests time between a “fast” and “slow” VU using the dual waterfall chart to see what requests are causing the slowness. Dual waterfall charts are described http://support.stresstimulus.com/display/doc50/Dual+Waterfall+Chart
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology