HomeBUGS & ISSUES

Think you found a bug? Report it here.

All tests started failing with WriteToServer error Messages in this topic - RSS

Brianna Blanchard
Brianna Blanchard

2/14/2014
I have been running a set of several short (10 minute) tests every day for the past week. All of a sudden, I now get the error "WriteToServer requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed." every time I run a test that write to SQL. I have tried restarting Fiddler, restarting the machine where fiddler is installed, restarting the SQL server, and restarting the machine where SQL is installed. I have no issues connecting to the SQL server myself, and the connection string test passes. I need to be able to save my results to SQL again. I am using Version 3.5.5122 beta.
0 link
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator

2/17/2014
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi,

Did you install a new version of StresStimulus prior to the issue started? If not, then it might be a network or security issue with SQL server. Check if you use the same network layout, permissions and connection timeout on SQL server , etc.

You can also change the connection timeout property in the connection string. Add Connection Timeout=300 to your connection string so it might look like this:

SERVER = <server>;DATABASE = <db>; User ID = <user>; Pwd = <pwd>; Connection Timeout=300;
0 link
Brianna Blanchard
Brianna Blanchard

2/17/2014
I change literally nothing in between tests failing and working. It was about 5 minutes since I had last run a test. The SS "Test" functionality for the DB I specified succeeds. Furthermore, I can log into SQL without issue as the same windows user I am logged into the windows machine where SS is running.

I had received this error once before, and simply rerunning the test fixed the issue, but now it occurs every time.
0 link
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator

2/17/2014
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator
Testing login, does not test premature timeout.  SQL Server Connections closure can be caused by a network issue.

See for example
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/2b4b7e27-5181-4cb7-b1d1-7e32c23c32e2/sql-server-connections-getting-closed?forum=sqldatabaseengine
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology