Think you found a bug? Report it here.

A caching header is missing Messages in this topic - RSS

Unregistered User
Unregistered User

9/12/2011
Unregistered User
Unregistered User
***Resolved in v.1.1***
I have recorded a testcase with fiddler. It contains an IF-MATCH header.

When runnig a StresSimulus test the header has been removed.

Fiddler do store the header in the session, because if I save the Testcase and reloads it again, I can still find the header in the session using Fiddler inspectors.
This leads me to think that it is a StresSimulus problem. The header is shown under the 'Cache' heading node maybe thats why it is not used.

Any workaround would be very welcome.

Posted by Anders

0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

9/12/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hello Anders,
 Thanks for your comment. In the current version StresStimulus ignores caching headers (like IF-MATCH). So your comment is absolutely correct.

We will fix it by adding the option to mimic browser cache in StresStimulus. This feature will be included into the next version (v.1.1) that will be released later this month.

As far as workaround, I can suggest the following. Let say your dynamic web page references a cacheable image, and you need to run a load test with 100 iterations. In the real world the image should be downloaded once, but StresStimulus will download it 100 times. To improve this you can delete the image request from the test case altogether. Downloading image 0 time instead of 1, can be better then downloading it 100 times. Depending on your test case this approach can be more or less helpful.

Again, the support for the browser caching in load tests is coming this month.

Cheers,

-Vadim

0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology