HomeSUGGESTIONS & FEATURE REQUESTS

Recommend a feature for future StresStimulus versions.

1 Regex Extractor should capture all values Messages in this topic - RSS

TanvirAhmed
TanvirAhmed

9/1/2020
TanvirAhmed
TanvirAhmed
Currently, 1 regex Extractor can capture only 1 value from response. It should capture multiple values in case there are more rows in the response with same boundaries. And also should give the count of matches in digit to be used for coding in script for applying loops and conditions.

The below highlighted values have same boundaries but are in different rows, So an option to capture all occurrences should be there in regex extractor. Currently StresStimulus does not have this option.

0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

9/1/2020
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
The purpose of extractors in StresStimulus is to return a single value to use in parameters, validators, and alike.

You are seemingly requesting to develop support for an extractor returning an array of values (i.e. an array of invoice numbers, as in your example). If your ultimate goal, is to extract a random value from such array, then you can simply create an extractor returning a random value from the response - see random extractors described here. In the extractor property grid, set Occurrence type to Random and leave Min Occurrence and Max Occurrence blank.

If you have in mind any other purpose for an extractor returning an array that can be helpful to others, please let us know.

-Cheers
0 link
TanvirAhmed
TanvirAhmed

9/2/2020
TanvirAhmed
TanvirAhmed
I am trying to capture all the array values and then I want to compare those values to the value I will be sending from an input Dataset File. If the value in the Dataset File will match from one of the values in the response then I want the corresponding row number(another Array value) or else a loop will be applied to go to the next page and search the value in the Dataset File until it matches. Then the matched value's Row Number will be send in the request after that.

So, basically I am searching a value that is in my Dataset Input File and comparing with the array of values in the response. Then if it finds the value in the response I want the row number at which the value is found.
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology