HomeSUGGESTIONS & FEATURE REQUESTS

Recommend a feature for future StresStimulus versions.

Run test cases x iterations sequentially. Messages in this topic - RSS

DSF
DSF

2/15/2021
DSF
DSF
Hi,

Please can we have the ability to run multiple test cases sequentially and for set iterations in single.ssconfig files.
This will help greatly in reducing the number of .ssconfig files called when the goal is to run many test cases for x iterations but sequentially or in order.
For eg. .ssconfig file = MasterTest which runs test cases 1-20 sequentially for 10 iterations each. Thus in the CI/CD pipeline there is only one command line call starting the MasterTest.ssconfig test which then runs all the required test cases sequentially. Great for when running many individual test cases for set iterations is a requirement.

Regards.

DSF.
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

2/16/2022
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
If I understood your requirements correctly, the ability to run test case sequentially already exist. Here is how to use it:
  • To run multiple test cases sequentially you can create a sequential test case group. In your example you can add all 20 test cases to MasterTest.ssconfig then create a test case group and add all 20 test cases to it in the order you want them executed. Then when running the test set the Mix weight property of all test cases to 0 and the mix weight of the test case group to 1. That way only the test case group gets executed.
  • In order to execute the test case group 10 iterations, set the number of iterations property to 10.
  • You can start the MasterTest from the command line
- Cheers
0 link
DSF
DSF

2/17/2022
DSF
DSF
Brilliant! I did not know I can run it like that.
Thank you for showing me the way George!
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology