HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Missing summary data and SQL tables Messages in this topic - RSS

Brianna Blanchard
Brianna Blanchard

6/21/2013
Normally, a test creates 10 tables in the specifed SQL database. Now, I am frequently getting only 6 tables, beceuase the 3 PerfMon data tables are not being saved, nor is the Key Indicator Graph Table.
I had seen the error very occasionally in the past, when most of my tests have been about 7 minutes, and they create 10 tables in my SQL db. Now, when my test are 10 minutes, the data is missing almost every single time. I've only changed the test length and ramp up to load.

On these runs, I am also missing the average iteration time, which is very important to me.
0 link
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator

6/24/2013
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator
In Pro edition, there are normally 11 tables created after each test run:
AgentResults
KeyIndicatorGraphTable
KPICurves
PageResults
PerfCurves
PerfGraphMetaData
PerMonGraphTable
RequestResults
ResultData
Summary
VUResults

Based on what you said the PerfCurves, PerfGraphMetaData, PerMonGraphTable,  and KeyIndicatorGraphTable are not created. Are the rest of the tables created?

Also, you mentioned that summary data is missing. Is the Summary table created? And if so, does it have data?
0 link
Brianna Blanchard
Brianna Blanchard

6/24/2013
Based on what you said the PerfCurves, PerfGraphMetaData, PerMonGraphTable,  and KeyIndicatorGraphTable are not created. Are the rest of the tables created?

Most of the time, yes, the other tables are created. I have seen once or twice that only the ResultData table was created, and it not filled, but I think that may have been an error in the way I was automating the running of the tests.

Also, you mentioned that summary data is missing. Is the Summary table created? And if so, does it have data?

Yes, the summary table is created, but it is missing the average iteration time. The average iteration time does not appear in the AgentResults table either, nor is it included anywhere in a manually exported report.
0 link
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator

6/24/2013
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator
Your test is setup in a way that some of the iterations will not complete and therefore Avg. Iteration Time cannot be calculated  accurately. For this reason Summary Report will contain Avg. Iteration Time only when all iterations are complete.

BTW, with the option "wait to complete iterations" discussed here, the Avg. Iteration Time will be displayed. Should we include it in our dev plan?
0 link
Brianna Blanchard
Brianna Blanchard

6/24/2013
Oh, I see: looking at the tests where I did get an iteration time vs those where I did not, you're right. Hmm. Well then I do have a use case for a "wait to complete iterations", as you said. In the mean time, If I use "Number of Iterations" instead, I should get the average iteration time, yes? Perhaps I'll run some tests using that setting for now.

Any ideas regarding the SQL tables?
0 link
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator

6/24/2013
Max @StresStimulus
Max @StresStimulus
Administrator
Re: SQL tables, can't  repro. Yes, if you use number of iterations, you will get average iteration time. 

0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology