HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

General Stress Testing question Messages in this topic - RSS

Craig Okata
Craig Okata

3/29/2011
Craig Okata
Craig Okata
Hello,
I hope I have chosen the correct category to post this question. Being a new user to StresStimulus, I am still learning the features and its many powerful uses.

Here's my question: Management has requested that we identify maximum load (by the use of virtual users) of our environment. We are running a basic ASP.Net C# application, locally on an intranet and after several test case setups, I have found that I can max out the Virtual User count to 999 and only receive (1) error in the process. I was wondering if I can increase the virtual user count somehow to obtain results from higher thresholds? Or is there an alternative way to measure maximum thresholds ?

Thank you for creating a great product,
Craig
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

3/29/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi Craig,

You posted the question in the right place. I will quote a part of it in Suggestions & Feature Requests forum since it will affect the next release featurewise.

Currently we limit Virtual User count to 999 as a precaution to make sure that our multi-threading load engine works correctly. We will perform more internal testing to see if this number can be increased in our next release, which is due next week. 

In the mean time, you can create greater server load by employing concurrently several clients’ machines with StresStimulus having the same load test configuration. Save a test scenario recorded on one machine as a Fiddler .saz file and load it on the other clients. While the test results will not be integrated, you will get a good estimate by adding-up the number of errors and bandwidth and averaging response time across all clients.

On you note about receiving one error in your test, I am curios, was it an error in server response, in StresStimulus request error or elsewhere?

Thanks,
-Vadim
0 link
Craig Okata
Craig Okata

3/29/2011
Craig Okata
Craig Okata
Hi Vadim,

Thank you very much for your reply. I will give it a try on multiple machines, thank you.
In addition, I look forward to the ability of increased virtual users. That will also help increase the testing threshold.
The error I received was a server request. Nothing to do with StresStimulus. I will update this post, with my results for others to possibly benefit from my experience.
Thanks again,
Craig
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

3/29/2011
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Thanks, Craig. Look forward to your results.
-Vadim
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology