HomeBUGS & ISSUES

Think you found a bug? Report it here.

Frequently cannot open .csv files as datasources Messages in this topic - RSS

Brianna Blanchard
Brianna Blanchard

5/23/2013
***Resolved after applying recommendations***
When trying to either load a .csv file I created for use as a datasource or reopen a saved SS test that automatically export a .csv file, it will often give me the following error:
StresStimulus has encountered an unexpected error while processing the following csv file: .csv

Error Details: Unmatching number of fields. Expected 2 but received 1

Line: 3

It occurs most frequently when trying to reopen .csv files created by StresStimulus, which means I have to redo my parameterization every time I want to open a previous test.

Using Version 2.5.4834
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

5/24/2013
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Brianna,
Can you paste the first 3 records from the StresStimulus dataset and attach the .csv file with several records?
Alternatively you can upload your test case to our secure support repository. To do so, from StresStimulus main menu -> support options, select "upload support case".
0 link
Brianna Blanchard
Brianna Blanchard

5/24/2013
I have uploaded a test case, and included a link to this forum post in the question area. It is called 100percentCached_10users_think30_5min.
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

5/24/2013
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi Brianna,

I received your test uploaded to our secure support repository and opened it, but it doesn't include a data sets nor .csv file. Are you sure you uploaded the correct test?

We can review this issue during our support session that I saw you have scheduled for later today.
0 link
Brianna Blanchard
Brianna Blanchard

5/24/2013
Yes, I am sure: it makes sense that you don't see the .csv or any data sets, because they completely failed to load. When I opened that test case to send it, I got the aformentioned error, and the dataset did not load despite the fact that the .csv file was where it was automatically saved to. I then sent that test as you described without making any changes. Trying to load the .csv file in manually also fails.

I don't actually see a place to attach the .csv when replying to this message like what appears when a new topic is started, otherwise I would have done so. But yes, we can address this later.

As a note, the issue with .csv appears to be very intermittent: I had encountered it a few times before, then no issues for a few days, and then yesterday almost every time; today all of my new test cases haved reopened successfully after saving. The machine being used to run the tests is not being used for anything else.
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

5/28/2013
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Here is a recap of this issue resolution:
When Excel worksheet data is copied and pasted into the StresStimulus data set, the “new line” character (x0D) is sometimes inserted. As a result, the correct count of the columns can break, as in this case. The “new line” character is invisible in Excel and Notepad, but can be found when using a hexadecimal editor, for example, this one  http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

The issue with inserting a special character is fixed in the build 2.8.4896  released today, so installing the latest build will address the issue. If you do not want to install the new build , then here are several additional workarounds available:

1. Enter data directly to StresStimulus, avoiding pasting data from Excel;

2. Save Excel worksheet as a .csv file and create data set in StresStimulus by opening the  .csv file;

3. If the.csv file with special characters already exist, remove them using hexadecimal editor.

0 link
Brianna Blanchard
Brianna Blanchard

5/28/2013
Thanks Vadim; I was able fix a text case using the recommended hexadecimal editor (used Find and Replace to remove all 0D characters quickly). I was in fact using copy and paste from Excel to create most of my datasources on the day I frequently encountered the issue. I think that I encountered it when selecting whole columns rather then a specific selection of data. I'll try to use the import .csv functionality in the future.
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

5/28/2013
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Brianna,
Thanks for the update and for reporting the original issue.

Cheers,
-Vadim
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology