HomeSUGGESTIONS & FEATURE REQUESTS

Recommend a feature for future StresStimulus versions.

Search/Replace for Parametrization Messages in this topic - RSS

Ricky Glaze
Ricky Glaze

2/20/2012
Ricky Glaze
Ricky Glaze
***This feature is completed in the final v1.5 release***
Hey Vadim,

I thought about a feature that would be of great help to me. I am using parametrization heavily. This means that I am hand editing a lot of requests to parametrize them. It would be very nice to have a search/replace feature for requests that supported wildcards and regular expressions. That way I could do something like:
Replace All "id=*" with "id={{id}}"

Thanks,
Ricky
0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

2/20/2012
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Hi Ricky,

Great feature request! We already drew the line with adding new features to 1.5 due to its close release date, but I will make sure to include your request in the next version.

Cheers,

-Vadim

0 link
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator

2/29/2012
Vadim @StresStimulus
Vadim @StresStimulus
Administrator
Update:this feature was included in the final v1.5 release (early than expected).
Here's how the regular expressions and wildcards support works when using find/replace functionality in the Parameterization Editor :
The Parameterization Editor will automatically appear when you select any requests (i.e. POST or GET), except those that are formatted as name/value pairs. The Parameterization Editor is used to configure parameterization in AJAX / XML / free format requests that are frequently used in RIA (such as Silverlight), Web services, mobile and AJAX applications.

Simply click Find and Replace on the toolbar. Then use a regular expression or a wildcard to Find and the Parameterization control to Replace.

This enhancement simplifies configuration of requests with many complex parameterization rules.

Thanks again for your great suggestion, Ricky!

Cheers,
Vadim
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology