HomeSUPPORT QUESTIONS

Need help with StresStimulus? Start here.

Response times Messages in this topic - RSS

Maddy
Maddy

3/23/2017
Maddy
Maddy
Hello,

We are doing load testing with Stresstimulus on a silverlight application and also testing the performance manually by performing the same action 5 times and capturing the average response time. Response time reported by Stresstimulus is less (with more users) compared to the one reported by testing it manually. I understand that the load testing tools do not report page rendering time but is there anything else that could be responsible for the difference in response times?The test environment is the same.

Thanks
0 link
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator

3/23/2017
George @StresStimulus
George @StresStimulus
Administrator
When it comes to interpreting load test metrics, many factors should be taken into account. The entire performance report must be carefully analyzed to get an accurate conclusion. Without this information, any answer will be incomplete. I can provide you just a few thoughts on your question:

1. Your script is not fully correlated, and some server transactions or activities are skipped, that makes the load test response faster.

2. Your script is fine. Instead, Silverlight application client-side processing is entirely responsible for the longer response times.

There are many more factors that should be ruled-in or ruled-out as responsible for Discrepancy in response times. I suggest contacting your support rep and share your performance report to get a complete answer.
0 link

Copyright © 2024 Stimulus Technology